The control system is based on a high-speed controller equipped with the latest microprocessor. The control software has been developed with a focus on energy-efficient operation for multiple scroll compressor air-cooled chillers. To achieve the best possible efficiency for multi-compressor chillers, compressor management software constantly monitors the actual cooling demand and selects compressors to run.
Giving complete control over the system for the plant operator, the chiller software manages and optimizes the chiller’s performance according to cooling demand and ambient conditions, generates safety and security alarms, supports interlinked, coordinated operation of multiple units, provides diagnostics and run statistics, and allow easy integration with any BMS protocols.
Feature-rich in standard, Lightstream Scroll II is highly configurable for different customer requirements and facility layout needs – thanks to numerous available accessories and options.
- All-year cooling in ambients from -20°C up to 52°C. It is ideally suited to comfort, industrial and process applications.
- High configurability: 9 different configurations to choose from, combining low noise and high efficiency to minimize the Total Cost of Ownership
- Great acoustic comfort to suit every application with the choice of three levels of noise attenuation: acoustic packages “Standard”, “Low-noise”, “Ultralow-noise”, plus night mode silent operation
- Full interoperability via BACnet, Modbus, and more
- Hydronic kit with single or twin pumps, equipped with variable or fixed-speed drives
- Free cooling system w/ bypass and regulating valves
- Heat recovery: high-temperature energy of the superheated refrigerant gas discharged by compressors can be turned into hot water through heat recovery options available for Lightstream Scroll II chillers:
- Desuperheater for partial heat recovery (up to 25% of the chiller output)
- Total heat recovery system with heat exchanger installed in parallel to condensers (100% of chiller thermal capacity)
- Constant or variable primary flow configurations
- Refrigerant leak detectors
- Dual power input and redundancy options
- Accessories for servicing
INTEGRATED FREE COOLING
Free cooling version provides low energy cooling and enables significant savings at low-ambient conditions. In mild temperature conditions, when the ambient temperature drops below the return water temperature, the free cooling system operates in parallel with mechanical cooling, maximizing energy savings. Through the use of microchannel cooling coils, the air temperature at which the free cooling system provides 100% cooling demand is higher by 3°C to 5°C compared to heat exchangers of other types. The flow through the cooling coils is controlled through a 3-way mixing valve managed by the chiller software.