Kaltra offers packaged hydronic modules for its air-cooled chillers
Hydroworx™ hydronic modules can be added to new-built chillers or easily integrated into existing installations. In either case, the Hydroworx™ cabinet couples directly with the chiller, forming a single skid.
The system can be equipped with the following components as per customer specification:
- Single, twin or multiple circulation pumps with fixed-speed or frequency-controlled motors, bundled with necessary valves. The pump head is selected as per cooling plant needs.
- Expansion tank with integrated valves and ancillaries.
- Buffer tank, up to 2500 liters.
- Safety devices, water filters.
- Deaeration unit.
- Control (balancing) and service valves.
- Freeze protection.
- Powder-coated steel enclosure with antivibration feets and optional soundproofing.
- IP55-rated switchboard with magnetothermic protection for pumps.
- Controls, measurement and monitoring instruments.
One of the major advantages of Hydroworx™ is that systems are highly customizable to fit cooling plant requirements and factory-tested, thus eliminating the need for designing complex water circulation systems by customers or contractors and considerably saves installation and setup time and costs. Hydroworx™ is also a solution for chillers that cannot be fitted with integrated hydronic kits, e.g., due to lack of space for installing pumps, water tanks, and necessary pipework.
Although the Hydroworx™ piping layout is best suitable for coupling with Kaltra air-cooled chillers, it can be fitted to any third-party chiller – in new or retrofit installations.
Headquartered in Germany and Austria, Kaltra designs, develops, and manufactures air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems. The company offers air-cooled, water-cooled, and free cooling chillers, precision air conditioners, IT cooling systems, including room-, rack- and row-based solutions, and energy management solutions. It also designs and manufactures air-cooled condensers, dry coolers, and cooling units for special applications. Additionally, Kaltra offers microchannel heat exchangers for condenser, evaporator, and water cooling and heating applications, as well as aluminium coils for small cooling applications. All Kaltra products are engineered with the clear objective of improving energy efficiency and reducing total cost of ownership.
For more information on Kaltra and its products call +49 (0) 911 253 421 07 or visit www.kaltra.com